Why was the research conducted?To gauge the impact of the lockdown on Fitness regimes
How was the research conducted?Thinking Hats through its Proprietary Digital Platform 'APPtitude’ conducted a survey targeting individuals across metros belonging to NCCS A1,A2, A3
Individuals responded to the survey via. a web-based link provided to them.
What are the key findings of the research?
- Undeterred by the unprecedented times, 2/3rd of Health Enthusiasts are still exercising at least 4-5 times in a week
- For Fitness Content, Health Enthusiasts are hooked to YouTube (81%) followed by Facebook (55%).
- Fitness Apps Are Not Far Behind, majority (90%) Of the Health Enthusiasts Are Familiar with One Or More Fitness Apps
55% have either downloaded a fitness App or planning to download one in the near future. The most recalled apps were:
- SHILPA SHETTY - YOGA AND FITNESS - 75%
- CURE.FIT - 62%
- NIKE TRAINING CLUB - 45%
- FITTR - 30%
- YOGA STUDIO – MIND AND BODY – 23%
- While Yoga is trending among Women (90%) on Fitness Apps, Men lean towards Weight Training (65%)
- After Lockdown, the percentage of fitness app users has increased drastically by 58%
- More than 52% of the Fitness App Users plan to continue leveraging Digital Fitness Services even after Lockdown, suggesting that Digitalization of Fitness Industry could be the Next Big Trend!