Why was the research conducted?The research was conducted to understand how online navigation was changing, the impact of Covid-19 in internet usage and the main topics that concerned Peruvians.
How was the research conducted?Behavioral data captured with previous consent of Netquest panelists.
What are the key findings of the research?
- Time dedicated to Internet-usage grew 18 minutes (from 3:28 to 3:46).
- Health and Government are two new categories that exponentially grew in reach, time spent and number of visits.
- E-commerce, transport and delivery are the categories that lost the most reach.
- Although an increase in reach and number of visits, not many people is able to work from home. Numbers are very low and mainly in the capital city.
- Netflix and Zoom are the "winners" in this crisis, people are willing to connect with others and entertain themselves while social isolation lasts.
Contributor's Name: Urpi Torrado