Results from Leger's weekly tracking about COVID-19 focussed on Canada.
Why was the research conducted?Each week, Leger publishes a survey conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS), and published in the Canadian Press, to help governments, businesses and citizens better understand the attitudes and behaviours of Canadians in the face of the current health and economic crisis. This series of surveys is available on Leger’s website.
How was the research conducted?Web survey using computer assisted Web interviewing (CAWI) technology:
- From April 17th to April 19th 2020
- 1504 Canadians and 1 001 Americans, 18 years of age or older, randomly recruited from LEO’s online panel
What are the key findings of the research?Leger’s latest survey about COVID-19, conducted in partnership with the Association for Canadian Studies (ACS) and published in The Canadian Press, reveals that:
- 50% of employed Canadians are working from home and 79% of them report that they are having a positive experience.
- 85% of Canadians who have relatives living in seniors’ residences are concerned.
- 17% of Canadians have received the CERB, up 6% from last week.
- 17% of Canadians and 23% of Americans know someone with COVID-19.
- 77% of Canadians are satisfied with the Trudeau government.