Perception, concerns, evaluation of governmental measures,evaluation of political figures, evaluation of institutions, evaluation of quarantine.
Why was the research conducted?Activa conducted its first measurement of population perceptions between March 05 and March 12 and now presents its second special report on its public opinion study Pulso Ciudadano based on fieldwork
conducted on March 26 and 27 2020.
How was the research conducted?
- Quantitative study based on online interviews using a representative sample with nationwide coverage.
- General public, men and women aged over 18, belonging to socio-economic groups ABC1, C2, C3, and DE. Residents of Santiago and the country’s other regions, with coverage in 245 districts nationwide.
- Non-probabilistic design. A total of 1,851interviews were conducted, aproportionally stratified by the variables of Gender, Age, Socio-Economic Group, and Zone.
What are the key findings of the research?
- 89.3% of the population considers that the Chilean Government should order a total quarantine in the country for the next 2 weeks.
- 87.5% of the population is very concerned about the COVID-19 Pandemic in Chile and the world.
- 81.1% consider that Chile is not prepared to avoid the massive spread of COVID-19 in the country.
Contributor's Name: Ramón Cavieres